Sunday 22 September 2013

Preparation for the interim presentation

With level tilesets re-worked, and now being tweaked; we have started experimenting with puzzle designs within Stencyl. A tutorial level still needs to be fleshed out, but we will have Charlie animated for the most part (a definite upgrade on our previous sprite: a black rectangle).

I have been collecting audio precedents so I can be sure of what I'm going for when I generate my own sound effects / soundscapes / music. As a group we need to decide on these but I have good idea of what is required.

We also have a collection of pooled online resources / documents that we keep updating with new thoughts, ideas, refinements and eventually the final design documents.

 PUZZLE ELEMENTS

    • ladders / 3D space (in perspective fixed 2D)
      piston like obstacles
    • power conduit (to turn on rooms)
    • charge station (to recharge light)
    • force field
    • moving platforms?
    • elevators
    • trapdoor type platforms
    • directional fan
    • oil (slippery floor)
    • zero/low gravity areas

No comments:

Post a Comment