Monday 23 September 2013

Interview Concepts part 2

With a few more days brainstorming and refining ideas, I have come down to 5 possibles;

1. Crazy Cat Lady / Pig Collector
(SINGLE PERSON)
+ Easy to arrange time to shoot
- Not very ambitious

2. Metal Enthusiasts
(MANY PEOPLE - Metal Lovers)
+ Very passionate on this topic
- Could be difficult filming a variety of people

3. Metal Band
(GROUP)
+ Open to humor (through friendship)
- Relies on other people's schedules & ability to shoot performances

4. In Memory Of ...
(SEVERAL PEOPLE - The People Who Were Closest)
+ Very personal topic but would be received well by those involved
- Difficult to get to all those required (many are further north)

5. Fictional Scenario
(PETS)
+ Huge potential for humor (if it works = the greatest potential)
- Could be difficult / nigh impossible to get appropriate footage

I am uncertain at this point if filming out of town is an option; ideally this would involve taking lighting equipment, camera, tripod etc, up north to shoot. I wouldn't think this is possible, so I am thinking I could try the "pets" option. If it doesn't work out, I can fall back onto either "metal enthusiasts" or "crazy cat lady / pig collector". However, if my memorial video is plausible, it could be an awesome opportunity to interview those affected by my close friend's passing.

As a side note:
An option would be to do "a day in the life of" style interview.

"In New Zealand you can't shoot children without their parent's permission"
~ quote taken out of context

After talking to my tutors, I have decided to try for the memorial video. I can take the equipment up north, it is my responsibility to keep it safe regardless of location. If it works out, this could be an excellent video with meaning to my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment