Tuesday 23 July 2013

PROJECT 1 PROPOSAL


At first I wanted to take horror footage and make it humorous; but the idea of making a scary clip from horror footage seemed a bit pointless. After momentarily considering nature as my theme, I settled on the general topic of circuses, carnivals, fairs, sideshows and clowns. The classification of circus surmises these all rather well.

Clowns are typically happy, jolly, funny and friendly; although some people are terrified of them entirely. Circuses ooze suspense and drama, and carnivals are a lot of fun if maybe a little scary. I wanted to create iterations portraying how different individuals feel and relate to clowns, circuses and the like.

SCARY – Using Jump Cuts I will increase the intensity of my found footage. I will add to this, slow motion for creepiness and faster speed for madness.

DRAMATIC– Using Cross Cuts I will cut back and forth between happy people and various forms of entertainment occurring simultaneously. Dissolves will help soften this montage and prevent it seeming manic or crazy.

HAPPY – Focusing on Dissolves I will showcase the fun, excitement and awe anticipated at a circus. I will add to this Slowed Speed which will symbolise the want for fun to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment