Monday 14 October 2013

Interview - Do a ruthless cut / Get down to 3.20 (MAX)

I am at the point now where the interview is sitting comfortably around the 5-6 minute mark. This however is still nearly double my intended length. What I will have to do is trim it down and cut people out if necessary (probably all the dark footage / noisy footage). Then I will have an extended version for myself with everyone in it; and I'll probably extend the 6mins to more like 7. When I get more people shot for this,  I'll redo my doco and I'd say I'll reach the 15min mark easily.

Now that I'm certain I'd lose marks for exceeding the 3 minute by anymore than 20 seconds;
I can focus on trimming so I can approach the last few issues:

Re-record Intro audio (draft is too quiet and badly enunciated)
Light levels (cutting dark footage will help)
Add names / relationship to Rick (essential)
Add B-roll to break up long sections (or mask cuts)
Use transitions where appropriate (don't over use!)
Collect up the permission forms
Adjust music / volume levels
Add credits (can extend over the time limit if necessary)

No comments:

Post a Comment