Monday 19 August 2013

Game Alternative Ideas

After trialling my game in Stencyl, I discovered it to be difficult to implement. The particular angle I was after and environment (as a tileset) make for difficulty; not to mention the click and follow requiring more detail to my character model (angled frames for 8 way movement visuals).

This made me consider an alternative main game mode. I still want the circling "Boss" battle of defending the growing floating tree, but I may change the main part of the game into a 4-way movement version similar to RPGs like pokemon. This however clashes with being efficient with fuels etc, when you need to move diagonally but would be unable to (hence forced resource wasting).
Also as this game is for kids 12 and under, perhaps a side scroller like sonic the hedgehog would be more player friendly. Exploration up and down would be like searching the map.

This simplifies my idea and keeps the main concept intact.
Although this is rather late in the development process, I'm thinking this would be rather more successful with the children that would be testing our games.

No comments:

Post a Comment